Updated: 03/30/2017 4:04 PM
Print Story |
Ask the Makeup Artist
TCL Makeup Artist Julie Martin wanted to know if viewers had any makeup questions she could answer and she came prepared to tackle everything from eyeshadow to concealer. Plus she brought along a deal on Measurable Difference Makeup.
Sue asked, “The older I get the less makeup I want to wear. What should a woman over 50 focus on wearing?"
- Julie says: As you age, brows, blush and mascara are important. As far as skin goes, less is more. Instead of covering your entire face in foundation or powder try using an creamy concealer to cover any flaws and for spot treatment. It's much more natural and won't settle into fine lines.
Measurable Difference product(s): Well Stacked Kit, Concealer Palette
- Penny asked, “What makeup should I wear for close set eyes?”
- Julie says: If you have close set eyes, use highlighter in the inner corners of the eyes to make them appear to be more wide set. If you have wide set eyes, pull your darker eye shadow further toward the inner eye to balance.
Measurable Difference product: Beauty Dreams Palette
- Vanessa asked, “What eye makeup should I wear for brown eyes?”
- Julie says: I love different shades of brown eye shadow on brown eyes for a sultry soft look! Plums also work great. If you have blue eyes, Julie recommends peach and champagne tones. Green eyes? Wear plums and warm browns.
Measurable Difference DEAL
Promo Code: juliemartin
**Take 20% off 16pc Pro Concealer Palette, Beauty Dreams Palette, and/or 3pc Well Stacked Makeup Kit (coupon can apply to any of the three items either separately or together)
Promotion good through Sunday, April 2nd