Posted: 03/08/2017 9:57 AM
Print Story |
$2500 Slumberland Shopping Spree
TWIN CITIES LIVE – “$2,500 Slumberland Shopping Spree” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility: The TWIN CITIES LIVE “$2,500 Slumberland Shopping Spree” Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to viewers 18 years or older and residents of Minnesota or Wisconsin. No purchase necessary to enter the Sweepstakes. Employees of KSTP-TV, LLC and its program Twin Cities Live, 3415 University Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55414 (the "Sponsor"), Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc., Slumberland (“Promotional Participant”), or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes (collectively with Sponsor, the "Released Parties”) and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes will begin at 9:00 AM Central Time (“CT”) on January 18, 2017 and end at store closing time on January 29, 2017 (the "Sweepstakes Period").
- How to Enter: To enter, during the Sweepstakes Period, visit any of the following metro area Slumberland stores (each, a “Participating Location”) and find, complete and submit the entry form (available while supplies last), and deposit in the receptacle at the Participating Location. Limit one (1) entry per person during the entire Sweepstakes Period.
St. Louis Park
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible, unintelligible, stolen or misdirected entries. Any attempt by any participant to enter by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods may disqualify that participant from winning any prize, at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
- Random Drawing & Winner Notification: There will be a random drawing that will on or about February 3, 2017 at or around 12:00:00 PM CT and may be announced live on-air. Winner will be notified by telephone/email. Odds of becoming a winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. By entering, entrant hereby acknowledges and agrees to allow Sponsor to air his/her name over the air.
- Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) - One (1) Grand Prize - $2,500 Slumberland Gift Cards (distributed in 5 $500 Gift Cards, totaling $2,500). ARV: $2,500. Gift cards are subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions as printed on the cards. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. No cash or other substitution allowed by winner, but Sponsor may substitute the prize, or any portion thereof, for a prize of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion for any reason. All local, state, and federal taxes on the Prize are winner’s sole responsibility. The winner is responsible for applicable taxes and fees, if any. The prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value, for any reason. A 1099 for the total amount of the prize will be submitted to the proper taxing authorities. In the event winner does not use the entire amount of any gift card, no cash or credit for any remaining funds will be awarded and winner hereby acknowledges that he/she will forfeit any remaining credit on the card. No card will be reissued if lost or stolen.
- Claiming the Prizes: The prize winner must claim his/her prize in person at KSTP-TV, LLC, 3415 University Avenue, St. Paul, Minnesota 55114, during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm) within (10) business days of the day he/she wins to verify that he/she is the qualified winner. Failure to comply with this deadline shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his/her right to claim the grand prize. The prize winner must prove he/she is the qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to Sponsor as a condition of claiming the prize (e.g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If the prize winner cannot show identification as set forth above, he/she will forfeit his/her right to claim the prize. All unclaimed prizes remain the property of Sponsor.
- Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant's participation in this Sweepstakes, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant's acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited, to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
- Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Minnesota; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Minnesota, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota.
- Official Rules/Winner’s List: For a copy of these Official Rules, or for the name of the Winner send a self-addressed stamped envelope by February 15, 2017, to: TCL $2,500 Slumberland Shopping Spree Winners/Official Rules (designate which), 3415 University Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55114.
- Sponsor: KSTP-TV, LLC, 3415 University Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55114.