Updated: 02/21/2017 4:03 PM
Print Story |
Chorizo Verde Tacos
Alcapulco Restaurant has teamed up with Lift Bridge Brewery to serve an exclusive beer and some tasty tacos. Acapulco’s, Bernice Reyes, prepares Chorizo Verde Tacos to go along with Lift Bridge’s El Viaje beer.
Click here to get a $50 gift certificate to Acapulco for only $25.
Makes 8 Tacos
4 Green Chorizo sausage links (Brine’s Meat Market)
1 pint of Lift Bridge El Viaje beer
1 small russet potato, small diced and precooked
1 cup of Acapulco’s Pico de gallo
½ cup of chile de abrol sauce or your favorite salsa
8 small flour tortillas
¼ cup of Queso fresco crumbles
¼ brunch of fresh chopped cilantro
1 lime, sliced into 8 wedges
- Simmer the chorizo in the beer until the internal temperature of the links reaches up to 150 degrees.
- Let the links cool for a bit then, sliced each link into six thin slices.
- In a medium sauce pan heat up 1 tablespoon of cooking oil.
- Once the oil is hot add the sliced of chorizo, potatoes and pico de gallo.
- Cook until the chorizo and potatoes are light golden brown.
- Then, add the salsa and let the sauce reduce.
- While the sauce is reducing, heat up the tortillas.
- Once the sauce and the tortillas are ready, assemble the tacos by adding the chorizo filling into the eight tortillas evenly.
- Top each taco with cheese and cilantro.
- Serve with a wedge of lime.