Updated: 02/15/2017 3:59 PM
Print Story |
All Things Pork with Cochon555
On Sunday, February 19, five Twin Cities chefs will each receive an entire pig with the challenge to feed 500 people six different dishes. One of the competitors, J.D. Fratzke from The Strip Club Meat & Fish, stopped by with a preview along with tips for cooking pork.
Cochon555 is at the Lowes Minneapolis Hotel. Tickets range from $125-400 and are available online. www.cochon555.com
2 tbl vegetable oil
1/2 cup diced yellow onion
1 tbl minced garlic
1 tbl minced fresh ginger
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tbl curry powder
1 cup white wine
1/2 cup worcestershire
1/2 cup thick tomato juice
2 cups chicken stock
6 hot dogs or cooked brats of your choice, sliced into thick coins
4 servings fried potatoes, chips or French fries
1) Heat vegetable oil in saucepan over medium heat and add onions, garlic and ginger. Saute until onions are translucent.
2) Add dry spices all at once and stir for a few moments until the heat from the pan makes them toasted and aromatic.
3) Add white wine and reduce by half. Add remaining ingredients and reduce by half.
4) Remove from heat, allow to cool to about 100 degrees, then puree in blender and return to pot with sliced sausages.
5) Simmer over medium heat for five minutes, season to taste and serve with potatoes of your choice.