Updated: 01/25/2017 9:26 AM
Print Story |
Mandy’s Farrell’s Fitness Challenge: Week 3
TCL Executive Producer Mandy Tadych is 3 weeks into the Farrell’s 10-Week Fitness Challenge. She checks in to share some of the things she is doing to stay on track. Farrell’s co-owner and head coach Krista Berbig joins her with some easy ways to “eat clean”. Including a super simple Mexican chicken. All you need is 1 can of diced tomatoes & green chilies, 1 packet of taco seasoning (look for one with no added sugar) and 3-4 frozen chicken breasts. Cook for no more than 6 hours in the crockpot and serve on whole grain tortillas, over brown rice or quinoa or over mixed greens.
Krista says the most common misconception about protein among women is that if you eat too much you will bulk up. She says this is not true and protein is essential to fat loss and muscle growth.
Krista shared some of the benefits of protein:
- Protein has the highest thermic effect of food; meaning it takes the most calories to digest protein
- There are 9 amino acids found in protein necessary for tissue repair & growth
- Protein regulates hormones
- Protein stabilizes energy levels and appetite
- Protein builds your immune system