Updated: 01/12/2017 4:05 PM
Print Story |
Unleash Your Awesome: How to Make a 2017 Vision Board
We spend a lot of time making goals... and 364 days trying to keep them. Our "Unleash Your Awesome" series continues and today we're focusing on attracting what you want more of in your life by creating a 2017 vision board. Author, speaker and lifestyle expert, Jasmine Brett Stringer explains how.
What is a Vision Board?
A collection of images and phrases and that state and inspire one to pursue their goals and dreams. Vision boards allow users to visualize their goals, dreams and desires. The images on a vision board can be very specific or they can be quotes and images that evoke an emotion or feeling. Like beauty Vision Boards are in the eyes of the beholder.
Vision Board Components:
- Personal Growth
Questions to reflect on before creating and while creating your vision board?
- What do I want to achieve, accomplish, experience and give this year?
- Why do I want to achieve, accomplish, experience and give XX this year?
- What is MY definition of success?
- What does success look like for me?
- What does success feel like to me?
- What is happiness to me?
- What does happiness look like to me?
- What does happiness feel like to me?
- What do I want my life so stand for or represent? (Purpose)
Vision Board Tips:
- Personalize it with your picture or name
- Give yourself time but set a completion deadline
Remember it’s a living document
- Update it, make edits and revisions as needed
- It’s OK to remove something from your vision board
Vision Boards can be made in a variety of formats:
- On canvas
- Poster boards
- Post-its/pictures on a bathroom mirror
Vision Board Supplies:
- Medium: Canvas, Poster Board, Computer, Notebook, Scrapbook
- Glue (don’t use Elmer’s Glue because it makes magazine pictures ripple)
- A big stack of different magazines
- Decorative items: markers, stickers, scrapbook paper, labels
- A picture of YOU
Vision Board Steps:
6. Personalize with picture or name
8. Act – Take Action