Posted: 01/04/2017 4:00 PM
Print Story |
Healthy Quinoa Stir Fry
This week on TCL we are bulldozing away those extra calories, carbs and fat in a series called "fix my food" to help you have a healthier start in 2017. TCL contributor, Rob Barrett made guilt free sizzling stir fry by swapping out rice for quinoa.
Rob’s Fried Quinoa
(an alternative to fried rice)
2 cups cooked quinoa
2 eggs scrambled
1 cup cooked rotisserie chicken, forked apart
handful chopped onions
handful chopped snap peas
handful chopped carrots
1 small tomato chopped
3 spoonful sesame oil
you can also use cabbage, corn, cauliflower, broccoli, etc.
optional Bean sprouts, fresh basil leaves
3 sp soy sauce or optional
3 spoonfuls oyster sauce
2 spoonfuls fish sauce
1 spoonful sugar or honey (healthy option)
combine in small bowl.
1. Over high heat, add 2 sp sesame oil to pan.
2. Once oil is hot add onions, carrots and pea pods. Stir for 1 minute until just browned.
3. Move veggies to one side, pour egg into pan. Let is sit for 30 seconds until almost set. Chop with spatula into smaller pieces.
4. Add meat.
5. Add quinoa. Stir and cook until quinoa starts to pop.
6. Add tomatoes and optional bean sprouts and/or a few basil leaves chopped up.
6. Add sauce. Stir for 30 seconds until everything is coated.
7. Serve and enjoy.