Updated: 12/19/2016 5:46 PM
Print Story |
Holiday Tablescape Ideas
Grab some file folders while you decorate your tablescapes for holiday entertaining. Elizabeth's mom, interior designer Susie Ries, shares ideas on how to save time, money and stress!
As the owner of Susie Ries Interiors, Susie can help you rethink the layout of furniture, purchase new decor, and much more. Find her contact information here.
- Use white dishware -- it matches any tablescape
- Don't waste money on a tablecloth. Instead, buy fabric at a craft store and have it cut to size
- Make sure flowers and candlesticks are tall and narrow to avoid blocking faces
- Use ribbon to hold napkins together
- Tea lights are an inexpensive way to add ambiance -- put them inside the rhinds of lemons and limes
- Purchase rub off letters on napkins instead of placecards
- Get middle initials of guests and monogram them on placesettings
- Use file folders as placemats at a kids' table
- Set out small presents for children to help keep them occupied