Updated: 12/14/2016 3:51 PM
Print Story |
Good Company: Willful Goods
Araya Jensen is a woman who is passionate about art and people. She runs Willful Goods. It’s a store in Minneapolis that features all sorts of wooden pieces that are made for her. She then adds unique designs with paint that she hand makes. Each piece is unique and has its own story.
Araya started Willful Goods sort of by accident. She was painting a wooden spoon for a gift. It was such a hit that she started selling them in her online store. Her business at the time was called Wind and Willow Home. She helped sell works from other artisans on the website. After her pieces started taking off, she changed the name to Willful. The name comes from “where there’s a will there’s a way”. A lesson she has learned along the way. She started her own company when she lost her job in kitchen and bath design during the housing market crash.
Today, Araya is working with folks all over the world. Her pieces are sold online and in stores across the country. She also is helping other artisans in places like Thailand and Guatemala. She wants to help them support their art and their families. So, she collaborates with those artists to help them share their goods.
Araya has spoons, bowls, plates, candle holders, pillows, and more. To see some of her work and to learn more, click here.
Willful Goods will be in Modern Market along with other artisans. Details are below.
- Modern Market offers shoppers a rare opportunity to shop unique, handcrafted goods from local artisans who don’t operate brick-and-mortar storefronts.
- Thursday, December 15, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- At the Fast Horse building in the North Loop
- 240 9th Ave N, Minneapolis Minnesota, 55401
- Tickets: $10.00 in advance, $20 at the door
- Food by Salty Tart
- Drinks by Indeed Brewing
- Put on by Modern Midwest, a lifestyle brand that brings together a community of modern design and lifestyle enthusiasts and influences across the Midwest, with special emphasis on Minneapolis, St. Louis, Chicago and Detroit.
Isadore Nut and Co.
Mandy by Mandy
Ghostly Ferns Milkweed Books
Belle Isle Design
Les bags Stangler Works