Updated: 11/17/2016 4:30 PM
Print Story |
Pumpkin Pie Parfait with Cinnamon Whipped Cream and Salted Graham Cracker Crumble
Personal Chef Sarah Lang (A Simple Kitchen), prepares a pumpkin dessert but it’s not your typical pumpkin pie!
12 graham crackers (the whole big cracker)
3 tablespoon salted butter, melted
3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin
3 teaspoons bourbon
Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
2 cups cold heavy cream
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Put graham crackers in a resealable plastic bag and crush into crumbs with a rolling pin or heavy pan. Pour melted butter onto crackers and work with your hands to distribute. Pour onto baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, shaking pan once. Let cool.
- Add a spoonful of crumbs to each of 6 parfait glasses or clear plastic cups, using half the crumbs. Refrigerate the prepared glasses.
- Put powdered sugar, pumpkin, 2 teaspoons bourbon and the nutmeg in a food processor. Pulse until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Put the white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave at 50% power until melted, about 1 minute, stirring halfway. Add to the pumpkin mixture in the food processor and process until combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Beat cream in a bowl with a mixer until soft peaks form; remove 1 1/2 cups of whipped cream and set aside. Beat remaining cream into the pumpkin mixture until smooth. Divide pumpkin mousse among the prepared glasses and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To the reserved 1 ½ cups whipped cream, add the remaining 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon bourbon and stir (whip more with mixer if needed). Top the parfaits with the cinnamon whipped cream and reserved cookie crumbs.