Updated: 11/16/2016 1:53 PM
Print Story |
Pumpkin Sheet Pan Pie
Pie for everyone! Classic pumpkin pie topped with the most delicious caramel whipped cream is perfect for your Thanksgiving dessert. Plus, when you serve it up out of a sheet pan, you have enough for everyone! Samantha Kelly from Land O’Lakes shows us how it’s done.
4 cups all purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cup cold Land O Lakes® Butter, cut into chunks
1 ¼ cups cold water (additional if necessary)
4 large Land O Lakes® Eggs
2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup Land O Lakes® Heavy Whipping Cream
1 29-ounce can pumpkin
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon salt
Caramel Whipped Cream:
1 ½ cups Land O Lakes® Heavy Whipping Cream
¼ cup caramel ice cream topping
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually stir in 1 cup water with fork, adding enough additional water just until flour is moistened.
- Divide dough into 1/4 and 3/4 portions. Shape each portion into ball; flatten slightly. Wrap larger portion of dough in plastic food wrap; refrigerate.
- Roll out smaller portion of dough on lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Using various fall-shaped cookie cutters, cut out at least 40 pieces. Place 24 cut-outs onto prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate remaining cut-outs. Sprinkle with sanding sugar, if desired. Bake 5-7 minutes or until crust is lightly golden brown. Cool completely. Set aside.
- Beat eggs at medium speed in medium bowl until thick and pale yellow in color. Add all remaining filling ingredients; beat until well mixed. Set aside.
- Roll out larger portion of dough on lightly floured surface into 19x14 (1/8-inch thick) rectangle. Fold dough rectangle into quarters. Place dough into ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Unfold dough, pressing firmly against bottom and sides. Crimp or flute edges.
- Pour filling into crust. Decorate top of crust with remaining unbaked cut-outs. Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temp to 350°F. Bake 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted into center of pie comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Beat chilled whipping cream, caramel sauce, and sugar in chilled bowl at low speed, scraping bowl often, until caramel sauce has dissolved. Continue beating at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Serve pie with a dollop of whipped cream and crust cut-out garnish.