Updated: 10/03/2013 4:14 PM
Print Story |
Making More Time in Your Day
Whether you work in an office or from home – or even if you stay at home with the kids – there are just those days that you just wish there was more time. Career expert and author of, You Know Everybody, Marcy Twete, says there are five ways to accomplish that.
- The first & last 30 minutes are everything. Use the first 30 minutes of your day to plan your schedule, make sure you have everything ready for meetings, etc. Use the last 30 minutes to wrap up, send last minute emails, and get ready for the next day.
- Multitasking gets less done. If you have a task you must get done, set a timer for 15 or 20 minutes and work on that task alone and don’t multitask.
- Use an Accountability App on your phone instead of making random lists. She recommends lift.do or the app clear.
- Use your calendar to your advantage. Block hours of time when your busy even if your not. It will give you time to focus without having multiple meetings added to your calendar by colleagues.
- Email efficiently – O.H.I.O. – Only Handle It Once. If you don’t have time to deal with an email right now, don’t read it. Save it for when you can respond.