Updated: 02/05/2013 3:59 PM
Print Story |
Summer Activities for Kids
Believe it or not – now is the time of year that parents are looking forward to the summer activities for their kids. It’s the time for sign up as registrations begin! Parenting Expert, Jenny Hanlon, says while now is the time to start planning – don’t over plan. Jenny has some pointers to get you started.
A few of her tips:
- Make a List
- Set Your Budget
- Ask Certain Questions such as how is the day structured, who is with the kids, how is discipline handled
- Ask Other Parents
Places to check out:
- Programs at Your Local Nature Centers
- Programs through Theaters
- Programs at Art Schools
- Programs at the Local Museums
- Programs through Local Community Ed
Check out February’s edition of Savvy.mn: Kids Edition for Jenny’s article about not over-scheduling your child’s summer.