Updated: 12/20/2012 3:50 PM
Print Story |
Aunt Virjil's Best Gingersnap Cookies
Laura Bjelogrlic shows Elizabeth how to make her sister’s famous recipe.
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup unsalted Land O’Lakes Butter
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 Land O’Lakes® All-Natural Egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup molasses
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon cardamom
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
Granulated sugar for rolling dough
***optional ingredient: 1 cup pulverized crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together butter, brown sugar, and salt.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Add Molasses.
- Add dry ingredients plus crystallized ginger if using in recipe, and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Allow dough to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll dough into 1” balls and coat lightly in granulated sugar.
- Place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet and allow 2” for the spread of each cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until golden – about 8 minutes.