Updated: 12/18/2012 4:06 PM
Print Story |
Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies
Cookbook author, Mary Jane Miller, shows us her husband’s favorite holiday cookie.
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup Land O’Lakes® Butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Land O’Lakes® All-Natural Egg yolk
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1/4 cup Land O’Lakes® Butter, softened
1 tablespoon brandy or 1/2 teaspoon brandy extract
1 cup powdered sugar
36 maraschino cherries with stems, drained on paper towels
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup sugar, 3/4 cup butter, vanilla and egg yolk until light and fluffy. Add flour and cocoa; beat until well combined.
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls; place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. With index finger, make indentation in center of each cookie.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until set. Immediately remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat all filling ingredients until smooth. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon filling into center of each cooled cookie. Press cherry into filling.
- In small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with oil over low heat, stirring constantly. Spoon or drizzle melted chocolate over cherry on each cookie. Let stand until chocolate is set.