Updated: 12/18/2012 3:43 PM
Print Story |
Pastry Chef, Laura Bjelogrlic, shares a favorite holiday recipe.
1 pound unsalted Land O’Lakes® Butter
2 1/4 cups sugar
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons water
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
12 oz. Bag semi sweet or milk chocolate chips
Toasted Almonds – optional
- In a large sauce pot, combine butter, sugar, water and salt.
- Bring mixture to 298 degrees F, stirring constantly. Add vanilla once mixture has reached 298 degrees F, off the heat. You could also add your salt at this point if you did not at the beginning.
- Pour onto a silpat, sprayed marble surface, or sprayed sheet/pan.
- Allow Buttercrunch to cool completely.
- Once cooled, melt chocolate and spread over the surface of the Buttercrunch. Sprinkle with toasted almonds. Allow chocolate to set.
- Once set, break into pieces and store in an air-tight container in the freezer.