It's day 4 of 12 Days of Cookies! Get a recipe for Almond-Orange Butter Cookies from pasty chef Laura Bjelogrlic.
1 1/4 cups Almond Flour
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 sticks unsalted, room temperature Land O’Lakes® Butter
Orange zest from 3 oranges
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
3 Land O’Lakes® All-Natural Egg yolks
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sliced almonds- optional
*optional-1 Land O’Lakes® All-Natural Egg for Egg wash
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. In a mixer, cream together butter orange zest and salt. Let this mix for at least 1 minute.
3. Add almond flour and powdered sugar.
4. Add yolks and flavorings.
5. Add flour.
6. Divide dough into 4 logs and roll in plastic or parchment to about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick. Freeze until firm.
7. Once dough is firm, unwrap and slice into 4/4 inch thick pieces.
8. Arrange on a parchment covered baking sheet.
9. Brush the tops with egg wash (1 beaten egg) and place a sliced almond on top.
10. Bake at 350°F, until a light golden brown. (about 12-15 minutes)
11. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.