Updated: 11/16/2012 3:59 PM
Print Story |
Homemade Tater Tots
Alice Seuffert, our TCL Kitchen Star, show us how easy it is to make your own tater tots – a favorite food of kids. Plus she has ideas how to jazz them up!
1 container (24 ounces/3 cups) Crystal Farms Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
1 cup Flour
1 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
3 cups Ruffles Potato Chips
24 ounces Vegetable oil for frying
Salt for seasoning
In a bowl, combine potatoes, eggs (1 at a time) and flour. Set aside.
In a food processor, chop bread crumbs and potato chips. Put into a bowl.
With a small cookie scoop, drop potato mixture into crumb mixture and roll around until covered. Use hands to form into desired shape. Place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
Heat oil in frying pan. Add tots to oil and fry until golden brown. Remove from oil and toss with salt.
Makes 6 dozen.
Serve as a side or see variations below to make loaded tots.
- Thanksgiving Tots (turkey, gravy, corn and cranberries)
- Pizza Tots (marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni)
- Bacon Cheeseburger Tots (bacon, beef crumbles, American cheese, tomato, pickles and ketchup)
- Minnesota Tots (fresh cheese curds, gravy and Spam)
- Apple Pie Tots (omit salt, toss with cinnamon and brown sugar and then layer with apple pie filling)