Posted: 11/16/2012 11:47 AM
Print Story |
Watermelon Feta Bites
Registered Dietician from Cub Foods, Heidi Diller, has some easy and healthy appetizer options to help avoid all those added calories.
Makes 16 pieces
- 16 1-inch cubes seedless watermelon, chilled
- 2 ounces Culinary Circle feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped shallots
Using a small melon baller or a small measuring spoon, scoop out a small well in each watermelon cube, keeping the walls of the cube intact.
In a small bowl, mix together the feta cheese, mint and shallots;
- Stuff the watermelon cubes with the feta mixture.