Updated: 10/19/2012 4:09 PM
Print Story |
Homemade Halloween Candies
You might not think that you have a creative bone in your body, but Sarah Lukemire from Log House Foods is here to show you different! She has some fun ideas and shows us how everyone can do it!
Eyeball Cake Balls
1 box cake mix (plus ingredients required for cake)
8 oz. cake frosting
2 (16 oz.) packages Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
Life Savers Gummy Savers®
Mini M&M® candies
Red cake writing icing
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
3. Roll mixture into 1" sized balls. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Melt CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to directions on package.
5. Dip cake balls in CANDIQUIK® and place on wax paper. Before dry, press 1 gummy saver ® candy in the center of each cake ball. Place a mini M&M® in the middle of the gummy saver.
6. Once completely set, use cake writing icing to pipe red lines on the sides of the cake ball.
TIP: If cake bites become too soft or are not holding their shape while being dipped, place back in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
Homemade Butterfinger Candy Bar
1 package (16 oz) Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Candy Coating
1 box (14 oz) Cheez-It® Big cheese crackers
1 jar creamy peanut butter
1. Spread small amount of peanut butter on one side of a cheese cracker.
2. Press each peanut butter coated cracker together with another chesse cracker
3. Melt Chocolate CANDIQUIK® in Melt and Make Microwaveable TrayÔ according to the package directions
4. Dip both sides of the cracker sandwich in Chocolate CANDIQUIK®; place on wax paper to set.
5. Before coating is set, sprinkle crushed cheese crackers on top.
You can find CANDIQUIK® at the following stores:
- Cub Foods
- Lunds & Byerly’s
- Rainbow Foods
- Knowlen’s (Festival)