Updated: 07/02/2012 4:07 PM
Print Story |
Adopt Pete & Maverick!
Every month, we introduce you to a dog that is looking for a permanent home. Last month, our hearts melted when Ali, from Sidewalk Dog.com introduced us to Mattie, a Shih Tzu from Shih Tzu Rescue of Minnesota. We are happy to let you know that he also melted someone else’s heart and was adopted!
Today, Ali introduces us to brothers Pete and Maverick. Pete and Maverick are pals and would love to be adopted together! They are both tri-colored (Jack Russell) Parson Russell Terriers. Both dogs are neutered and are well trained. Pete is the lover and Maverick is an expert ball-fetcher! They are great companions!
Pete and his brother Maverick were owner surrendered at MACC. For more information on adopting them, click here.
Every year, shelters across the country become filled with lost pets who run away because they're scared of fireworks. Ali offers this advice:
- DON'T take your do to a fireworks display---leave your dog at home.
- DO keep your dog in a cool, quiet place in the house (basement, bathroom, etc.)
- DO muffle fireworks noise (fan, music, TV, etc.)
- DO provide extra water for your dog.
- For dogs that are very anxious, DO try a compression garment like a Thundershirt (from Bone Adventure).
Our signature Sushi With Your Poochie™ event is back and better than ever! Check out this event at CRAVE/Sopranos West End on July 17th and Loring Kitchen & Bar on August 21st. Click here to purchase tickets.