Updated: 04/26/2012 6:37 PM
Print Story |
10/11 Super Saver
Shopping for healthy and organic products can be a little expensive but for some families, they have no choice. Dealing with allergies sometimes restricts the foods families buy. Pocket Your Dollars.com founder, Carrie Rocha, shows us how to get great prices on these products and get them delivered right to your door to boot!
It’s an unlikely place to buy organic and specialty groceries, like gluten-free or other allergen-free items, at rock bottom prices without having to clip a single coupon – Amazon.com.
Clif Kid ZBars (24 ct. box)
- What are these?
Organic snacks that contain no high fructose corn syrup, preservatives or artificial flavors, hydrogenated oils or trans fats.
- Organic snacks that contain no high fructose corn syrup, preservatives or artificial flavors, hydrogenated oils or trans fats.
What you’d pay elsewhere?
- Best I’ve seen individual bars with the right sale and coupon is $0.50/bar
- Sam’s Club sells this box of bars for $10.99 – plus the $50/yr annual membership
On Amazon right now you can get them, including shipping, for $10.19
Subscribe & Save
- Auto-ship option where you sign up to have Amazon ship you the product you order at some set duration (every 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, etc.)
- When you pick Subscribe & Save for any eligible item you receive a 15% discount on your purchase
Amazon is also very clear in their Subscribe & Save terms that you can cancel at any time and don’t ever have to receive another shipment. So don’t. Place your order, then after your original order ships log in and cancel the subscribe & save option
You can get free shipping, without reaching the $25 spending threshold standard for Amazon, if you have an Amazon prime account. Some ways to get one free:
- If you are a mom or caregiver to a child you can get a free Amazon prime account valued at $79 per year (called Amazon Mom)
- If you know a mom or caregiver to a child who will sign you up for a free trial under them – regardless of whether you have kids or not (Referred by someone in Amazon Mom)
- If you are a student and have a .edu email address (Amazon student)
- If you haven’t had a Prime account in the last 13 months you can get a free trial Prime account (Basic Free Trial)
- Subscribe & Save
Some other examples:
- At Lunds or Byerlys a 4-pack of these drink boxes is $5.99 or $1.50/carton.
- Using Subscribe & Save from Amazon you’ll spend $21.04 for a 24-pack or $0.88/carton. That’s a 42% savings, plus you’ll get them shipped to your door
- At Lund’s or Byerly’s these are $3.89/box
- On Amazon get them for $1.88/box which is a 52% savings.
Within Amazon’s grocery section you’ll see the second link from the left on this page says “Special Offers”
Every month various products are on sale, many of which are specialty type food items.
- This month Pamela’s cookies are an additional 30% off when you use the code PAMCOOKI at checkout
- To get the discount you enter a coupon code, they’ll tell you what that is, for the product at checkout.
- You can get the 15% subscribe & save discount and ALSO use a coupon code
- Every month various products are on sale, many of which are specialty type food items.
- Within Amazon’s grocery section you’ll see the second link from the left on this page says “Special Offers”
Udi’s Gluten Free Granola, Cranberry (12 ounce package)
- At Lund’s or Byerly’s these are on sale for $6.99. Full price is $8.29
- On Amazon get them for $3.31/pouch when combining the 15% Subscribe & Save discount with a 25% off coupon code, since these are on sale there this month too.